[jbosstools-dev] Building the server component

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Tue Sep 24 15:33:47 EDT 2013

To avoid this conversation in future, I suggest a possible workflow change:

1. push PR or commit
2. push the "build now" button for your component's Jenkins job
3. comment in the JIRA that the fix will be available in a specific
build, eg.,

"Spinning
https://jenkins.mw.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/job/jbosstools-server_41/
 >=120 to pick up the fix"

This benefits other devs who might be peer-reviewing your code,
project/program management who might be overseeing commits for that
branch, and QE because it's much easier to know when/where the fix will
appear. It also guarantees your fix will be picked up much faster than
in 6 hours when the job checks github for changes.

Everyone wins, and it only costs you a few dozen keystrokes.

WDYT?