[jbosstools-dev] ACTION REQUIRED: Prepare for 4.2.1.Final / 8.0.1.GA (release is next week Dec 15 2014)

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 05:19:49 EST 2014

On 9 Dec 2014, at 2:19, Alexey Kazakov wrote:

> Thanks to all component leads who updated their root poms (and I
> updated the rest of components: forge, aerogear, central, freemarker).
> So all components that have been changed since 4.2.0 are using
> 4.2.1.Final-SNAPSHOT root pom now.
> However, two components, Birt and Portlet don't have any changes
> besides updated root poms. As I understand we should change the root
> pom versio ONLY if the component has been changed since 4.2.0.Final.
> I reopened the corresponding issues for Birt and Portlet for
> clarification:
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-18890
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-18896
> Should we ignore these changes and not to rebuild Birt & Portlet for
> 4.2.1?

I would say so - we have the 4.2.0.Final updatesite to get these from so
sounds weird why we need to update these.

The whole intent we are going for is to *not* burden users with more
bits to download AND avoid QE having to test/verify new binaries.

Nick - if our build deletes our actual released bits and not allow using
the previous bits then that is a problem.

Did the check for publish fail to detect there was no change ?

We have had and will have this situation for others than just "dormant"
modules like birt and portlet so we should be able to handle this by now
IMO.

What is missing ?

/max