[jbosstools-dev] Windup Eclipse Plugin v3.0.0 - Export Windup reports from Eclipse

Ian Tewksbury itewksbu at redhat.com
Mon Feb 10 15:55:22 EST 2014

Max,

I could have sworn I saw HD versions of all three of the demo videos when
I first uploaded them. Now looking at them again they are all small and
grainy. I will have to take a look tonight to see what is going on with
that.

Yes, the wizard takes the already generated report out of the .metadata
folder, zips/tars it up and exports it to the location of your choice.
Also if the report does not already exists then it generates one, and
there is the option to always generate new report before export as well.

As far as adding to the global menu. I did not know where else to put the
new actions. I do have the export wizard in the export wizards dialog, but
the other two options to view in the windup report view and to generate
the windup report need a place to live. Before I first added the menu I
was chatting with my friend who still commits to WTP about where he would
put them, because I was worried about clutter, but he said he would create
a new sub menu as I did.  If you have a better idea for where the "Open in
Windup Report View" and "Generate Windup Report" actions could live I am
all ears. The only reason I also added the "Export Windup Report" action
there as well was because I already had the sub menu and it seemed like a
logical place a user may look for the export function as well as checking
the export dialog. But if a new home is found for the other two actions I
have no problem just having the export wizard live in the export dialog.

As far as adding all of this to the jboss-tools project. The biggest
problem is I still not have a nightly build, and I do not have a nightly
build for the eclipse plugin because I have not been able to coordinate
with Brad to get a nightly build for Windup. The biggest issue with
getting a nightly for windup would be to actually do a windup release and
start doing windup development in a snapshot version rather than 0.7.0
where it has been being done for the past year. I did start that
conversation with Brad a few months back but it stalled out due to life
events. If you all are ready to make this happen on your end then I can
start trying to work with Brad again to get Windup versioning stabilized,
and the nightly builds set up.

Blue Skies,
~Ian