[jbosstools-dev] [Soa-tools-list] Use of sapphire in jboss tools projects ?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 10:06:25 EST 2014

On 25 Feb 2014, at 15:19, Rob Cernich wrote:

> I think it may work well for smaller models.

define small ? :) My main interest is just for editing single files -
not something that crosses multiple artefacts.

> As I recall, you needed to create your own model interfaces,
> annotating them with the XML/UI details.

Yeah, and they can be adjusted to handle multiple versions so it feels
much more sustainable/robust/flexible approach compared to i.e. EMF
models.

> Sapphire then processed those annotations, generating the code
> required for the UI.  I don't believe there is any tooling available
> for automatically generating these annotated interfaces directly from
> an XSD/DTD.

good point.

> Initially, they had some support for Graphiti, so you could generate
> graphical editors in addition to master/detail style tree/field
> editors.  That changed early on so the graphical editor was generated
> directly on GEF.
>
> As Brian said, this is my knowledge as of about two years ago.

okey - the other issue Gorkem just mentioned to me is custom layout...I
guess if you buy into sapphire you just need
to accept their layout ...

/max