[jbosstools-dev] AngularJS Eclipse

Victor Rubezhny vrubezhny at exadel.com
Wed Feb 26 15:36:43 EST 2014

On 02/26/2014 11:59 PM, Alexey Kazakov wrote:
> Hi Angelo!
>
> I actually tried some old AngularJS Eclipse plugins available in
> December. Latter I tried the new one and saw a lot of cool stuff like
> {{}} support. It's very nice.
>
>> AngularJS Eclipse extends the WTP HTML Editor (I don't have created a
>> new HTML editor).
> There is AngularJS Editor which extends WTP HTML Editor. And I have to
> use this editor if I want to have full support of AngularJS stuff like
> {{}} code completion or code highlighting. Has it been changed?
>
> On 02/26/2014 08:05 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>> I tried installing OSX osgi bundle provided node.js and it seems to NPE
>> for me ;/
> We didn't try the OSX version but there was a bug in the Linux one.
> Victor Rebezhny created a PR to fix it and Angelo has already merged it
> - https://github.com/angelozerr/tern.java/pull/14
> There is one more issue with node.js on Linux actually. It's impossible
> to use a local installation of node.js since the command "node" is
> already used at least in some popular distributives like Ubuntu. So if
> you chose to use a local node.js instead of the bundled one then
> "nodejs" command should be used instead of "node".

It looks like the issue is a common thing for linuxes. And may be not
only for linuxes.
In ubuntu you cannot use "node" (because it's reserved for other util,
not node.js)
in fedora the node.js is not installed to /usr/local/bin/ directory. So,
due to make it work I had to manually create a link to "node" in
/usr/local/bin/ directory.
IMHO, there should be a possibility for a user to point Tern.java to
node.js executable in preferences instead of having some hardly
predefined path, because the path and the name of node.js executable
could be different for different OS distributions.