[jbosstools-dev] "As-you-type" validation for JAX-RS classes

Victor Rubezhny vrubezhny at exadel.com
Tue Jun 3 13:17:27 EDT 2014

Xavier,

it looks like JaxrsMetamodelValidator validator doesn't implement
neither org.jboss.tools.common.validation.IStringValidator nor
IJavaElementValidator interfaces. In order to being called by
AsYouTypeValidationManager it should implement at least one of these
interfaces. (Alexey may correct me if I'm wrong).

As I can see the JaxrsMetampdelValidator takes a number of files (of
different types) and performs the different kinds of validations
depending on the types of the given files. But we're not validating any
files in As-you-type validator. We're validating either a certain
strings in HTML/Java code (like EL-expressions in tag attributes or in
Java-Strings) (then we're using IStringValidator) or we're looking for a
changes in class structure (then we're using IJavaElement).

Not any change in any file (either HTML/JSP or Java) triggers the
AsYouType validation. For example, we're not triggering AYT validation
on tag changes or on method body changes (not sure now, but we can look
at
org.jboss.tools.common.validation.java.JavaDirtyRegionProcessor.isJavaElementValidationRequired()
method to make sure).

Could you describe what changes in what kind of files/editors should
trigger the AYT-validation for JAX-RS projects?

Regards,
Victor