[jbosstools-dev] Cordojva & Tern

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Sun Jun 15 03:51:51 EDT 2014

sorry for late response but been on on 2 weeks vacation did bad things
to my inbox ;)

> At first I would like to tell you that pascal have done the 0.2.0
> release
> for AngularJS  Eclipse + tern.java.

cool.

> I'm improving (in 0.3.0-SNAPSHOT) the UI of tern facet project
> properties
> to select tern plugin+JSON Type Definition for a project. I have
> attached a
> screenshot which shows the cordovajs tern plugin selection.

Looks good!

> You can see :
>
> * on the left, table which contains list of tern plugins + defs
> * on the right, the details of the selected tern plugin/def

I was wondering - is there a way (at code level) to distinguish between
json type definitions that are automatically enabled by some plugin
because it has detected the use of i.e. cordova.js vs something the
user explicitly enabled ?

Would be nice to allow users to explicit say I want *this* even though
a plugin haven't been able to detect the library  matching it. If there
is just one kind of On/Off then the plugin can't know if turning it off
is against the users will or just because he stopped using the related
javascript library.

wdyt ?

> There is 2 tabs :
>
> * "Details" tab shows information of the selected plugin/def
> * "Options" will display option waited by tern plugin.
>
> Those information comes from a JSON file. For instance for cordovajs
> =>
> https://github.com/angelozerr/tern.java/blob/master/core/tern.core/metadata/cordovajs.metadata.json
>
> I contact you because I would like to clarify some thing about the
> work of
> Victor about cordova :
>
> 1) if you wish to change some information about description of cordova
> metadata, etc don't hesitate to create PR.

I think it looks fine.

> 2) I think it should be better to create a github for the cordova tern
> plugin

You mean a separate git repo ? Yes, makes sense to me too. Actually
thought
that was you and Victor wrote earlier would happen.

Victor - anything besides finding time to do it preventing us from
putting this in a separate github repo ?

btw. I assume you during the build of tern will then fetch the content
of the github repo and bundle it
or does it require network access at runtime to get it ?

> 3) do you know if cordova  provides some api to generate doc? YUI,
> DojoToolkit do that, so after it's easy to create version of the tern
> cordova tern plugin like I have done for dojo
> https://github.com/angelozerr/tern.dojotoolkit (I generate several
> version
> of dojotoolkit by using sources of dojo, if you are interested, I
> could
> help you to do that).

I do not know about this. Maybe Gorkem does ?