[jbosstools-dev] tern working out of the box - beta2 requirement not working

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Tue Jun 17 17:26:32 EDT 2014

On 06/17/2014 05:43 PM, Fred Bricon wrote:
> One other major issue is AngularJS support won't work OOTB on windows
> 64bits : https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-17633
>
> If we really want to fix it for respin-whatever, we'll need to (at
> least) :
> - (partially?) rebuild tern.java 0.2.0 with my patch backported from
> https://github.com/angelozerr/tern.java/pull/73
> - update org.jboss.tools.jst.jsdt/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF to update
> version constraints
> - rebuild new Target Platform(s)
> - rebuild JBDS installer
>
> The alternative is to release Beta2 as is and document how to install
> and configure a native NodeJS runtime on Windows.
On Skype, another decision was taken for Beta2:
* Apply patch https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-jst/pull/327
* Rebuild jbosstools-jst
* rebuild JBT aggregate
* rebuild JBDS
* Document for Beta2 that Windows x86_64 users need to have nodejs
installed.

Fred's suggestion is actually the good fix, but will be applied for
Beta3 as we can't afford so much risks and additional delay for Beta2.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>