[jbosstools-dev] tern working out of the box - beta2 requirement not working

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Wed Jun 18 13:45:09 EDT 2014

On 18 Jun 2014, at 19:10, Nick Boldt wrote:

> From the initial design on
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-17318, we planned to include
> AngularJS in *both* JBT and JBDS Central. All the PRs were approved
> with it in *both* the JBT and JBDS EA discovery plugins.

> Also, I see a comment from you on May 22 stating that you are OK with
> Angular JS being in JBDS Central [0]:
>
> [0]
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-17278?focusedCommentId=12969804&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-12969804

I said "yes, +1 for putthing this in JBDS Early access too IF Victor
Rubezhny and Denis Golovin is okey/ready for it."

And Denis and Victor should be aware that angularjs needs tern which
therefore need the tern integration we made.

Its just backwards including angularjs without having our tern
integration code that only exposes the preferences we need.

> It's been in both JBT and JBDS EA since June 1 [1]:
>
> [1]
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-17278?focusedCommentId=12972226&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-12972226
>
> Also, Tern *IS* in the EA site [2], because AngularJS requires it:
>
> [2]
> http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/targetplatforms/jbtearlyaccesstarget/4.40.0.Beta3-SNAPSHOT/REPO/features/
> < CTRL-F for "tern." >
>
> So, uh, long story short: "careful what you wish for, because you may
> just get it." :D

well I didn't wish for it before we actually got basic tern tested and
that was obviously not tested :)

> ---
>
> If you want it excluded from the list of connectors in JBDS Central, I
> can do that w/ minimal pain (it's just a few lines removed from the
> plugin.xml). It would still be in the JBoss Central EA target
> platform, just not exposed through the Central UI.
>
> We would definitely have to re-shoot the Central N&N screenshots [3]
> then, as they currently show JBDS Central, not JBT Central.
>
> [3]
> https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-website/blob/new_noteworthy/documentation/whatsnew/central/central-news-1.3.0.Beta2.adoc

It is in earlyaccess and that was made to expose things we might want to
remove again. Didn't expect that to happen this soon but lets not
delay Beta2 more - the plan was to get this stuff into Beta3 anyway so
so be it.