[jbosstools-dev] tern working out of the box - beta2 requirement not working

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Wed Jun 18 09:33:57 EDT 2014

On 06/18/2014 03:28 AM, Martin Malina wrote:

> On 17. 6. 2014, at 19:37, Nick Boldt <nboldt at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> We should rebuild the installer anyway because when we rebuild
>> org.jboss.tools.jst.jsdt it will get a new version which would be
>> different in JBT vs. JBDS, and that's not cool.
>
> You mean when we rebuild jbosstools-jst repo, right?

Yes.

 > Because there is no org.jboss.tools.jst.jsdt in JBDS 8 Beta2.

Agreed, it's only in Central EA, not in JBDS OOTB.

> Yeah, that�s what I thought just now - why not use respin-c for JBDS 8 Beta2. So you see a problem with different time stamps for some plugins in JBDS v. JBT? Personally I don�t see a problem here, but I might be missing something. I wonder how others feel about this.

Because that would mean the build flow would be different (JBDS would
pull from a site *different* from the JBT nightly core master site) and
reproduceability would suffer as this would be a one-off configuration
change to the job.

> Anyway, I�m going to compare the two installers (JBDS 8 Beta2 respin-c and respin-d) to confirm there are no differences (using the dist-diff tool).

Good. It's the only way to be sure... other than nuking from orbit, that
is. #Aliens