[jbosstools-dev] An excursion into integration testing plugins with Arquillian

phantomjinx p.g.richardson at phantomjinx.co.uk
Fri Jun 27 10:24:16 EDT 2014

On 06/27/2014 03:02 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> On 23 Jun 2014, at 12:58, phantomjinx wrote:
>
>> Might be of interest ...
>>
>> https://community.jboss.org/en/teiiddesigner/dev/blog/2014/06/23/unit-testing-an-eclipse-plugin-with-arquillian
>>

> thats cool - even though I was hoping it was actually using arquillian to test eclipse (i.e. as an
> alternative to eclipse test runner).
>
> May I ask why the code we have in our server adapter testing base code was not sufficient for
> starting jboss servers and test against it ?
>
> /max
> http://about.me/maxandersen

Cos... I didn't know it was there ;-)

I may have misunderstood mistria as well that the current JBT testing started servers with WTP? I
didn't really want to introduce that element as well into the integration-testing. I wanted to
confine it to:
- Start JBoss Server with Teiid installed
- Connect to Teiid using Teiid API from our Teiid client plugin
- Deploy Teiid's own testing VDBs using our Teiid client plugin
... ...

Not to mention, I seem to have a penchant for trying to do things the hard way!

PGR

--

Paul Richardson

  * p.g.richardson at phantomjinx.co.uk
  * p.g.richardson at redhat.com
  * pgrichardson at linux.com

"I know exactly who reads the papers ...

  * The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country.
  * The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country.
  * The Times is read by people who do actually run the country.
  * The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country.
  * The Financial Times is read by the people who own the country.
  * The Morning Star is read by the people who think the country ought to be run by another country.
  * The Daily Telegraph is read by the people who think it is."

Jim Hacker, Yes Minister