[jbosstools-dev] Target Platform release possibly delayed (a little)

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Tue May 20 09:47:48 EDT 2014

Hi all,

According to our agenda, today is the day when Target Platform
4.40.0.Beta2 should be released.
However, I noticed that the Central target-platform and install-grinder
jobs haven't been updated (my bad) when moving to Luna M7. That makes
that last installation tests were working, and succeeding, when
installing on Luna M6 a JBoss Tools 4.2.0.Beta2-SNAPSHOT (referencing
Luna M7 in the TP) and connectors from Central that were based on Luna
M6. But this is not the scenario we are willing to validate.

So I've already updated a few things, however, before actually releasing
and announcing the new TP release, updated all jobs and so on, I need to
make sure that the following installation scenario works:
* On Luna M7
* Install JBoss Tools with Luna M7 (4.40.0.Beta2-SNAPSHOT) Target-Platform
* And install Central stuff compatible with Luna M7
So I'm waiting for feedback from this job:
https://jenkins.mw.lab.eng.bos.redhat.com/hudson/view/DevStudio/view/DevStudio_Trunk/job/jbosstools-install-grinder.install-tests.matrix_master/1955/
before I can go ahead and finish the target-platform release. Depending
on slave availability, it can be either in the next 30 minutes, or
tomorrow morning (just a guess).

Sorry for the disturbance.
--
Mickael Istria