[jbosstools-dev] Nodeclipse IDE (or components) in JBoss Tools?

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Mon May 19 05:29:57 EDT 2014

On 19 May 2014, at 11:15, Mickael Istria wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It seems like Nodeclipse provide a very good toolset for JavaScript:
> http://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/nodeclipseenide-eclipse-nodejs-ide
> . Some tools were developed in Nodeclipse, some others are aggregated
> from other projects (such as
> http://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/eclipse-plugin-less ,
> http://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/markdown-text-editor ,
> http://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/github-flavored-markdown-viewer-plugin
> ...)
> Should we consider putting some parts of it on Central ? or even in
> JBDS ?
> Should we try to lobby with some authors to move projects to
> Eclipse.org ?

he is already aware of our interest in making Javascript better - he has
been on this list a few times (Paul Verest) - but no harm in always ask
again someone to contribute to eclipse.org
or to jbosstools.

The problem with nodeclipse from my POV is that is a bunch of
non-connected, not uniform set of plugins that needs some consistency to
be really competitive.

Something we should definitely look at helping happening.