[jbosstools-dev] JMX profiling agent source code needs a home

Rob Stryker rstryker at redhat.com
Fri May 23 13:38:49 EDT 2014

Hey all:

For those who are following the JMX additions that are occurring, we've
taken JVM Monitor into our repository for beta2, and intend to continue
taking pieces for beta3 that make sense.

With this in mind, we currently a home for a project in FuseIDE named
org.fusesource.ide.jvmmonitor.agent

This project is not a plugin, but is an Agent jar to be connected to a
given running virtual machine to take stats such as CPU usage, memory
usage, and other profiling data.

Since it's not a plugin, it's most similar to a client jar that we
simply need to build or fetch. Specifically, the new plugin
org.jboss.tools.jmx.jvmmonitor.core  needs to somehow fetch the built
jar and put it inside org.jboss.tools.jmx.jvmmonitor.core/lib,

I was wondering what the process should be for this. Should it have its
own repository, similar to the openshift client? Or should it still live
in the jbosstools-server/jmx repository somewhere to be built as part of
the tycho build?

Comments for this topic can either be responded here, or added to
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-17311

- Rob