[jbosstools-dev] 4.2.1 CR1 build this weekend

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Thu Nov 20 17:22:35 EST 2014

Hi,

This weekend we will create a build from tip[1] of 4.2.x branch and call
it 4.2.1.CR1.

As discussed at the F2F we are aiming for a 4.2.1 release before Xmas
with only
essential bug fixes, as coordinated between dev and QE. This release is
currently
scheduled for GA on 15 December, as shown in JIRA [2] and was in the
proposal
send out last week[3].

PLEASE, it is not expected *all* components will have updates for this
release.
Only the ones that actually have critical issues/requests should
contribute.

Please make sure your branch builds correctly, using the latest parent
pom version
4.2.1.CR1-SNAPSHOT [4], and that if you have changes for the 4.2.1
release,
make sure you have upversioned the version of the components - including
both plugins
and features, and their associated poms.

For those projects which have so far *not* remembered to update, see
details here [5].

[1] Going forward we should move to using a tagged/sha1 approach to
prevent any
build surprises, but more about that in a follow up next week.

[2]
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBDS/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:versions-panel

[3] The plan is going to be made public in jira/product plan ASAP.

[4]
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-build/blob/jbosstools-4.2.x/parent/pom.xml

[5] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-18759