[jbosstools-dev] Download Manager URL for EAP 6.3

David Hladky dhladky at redhat.com
Mon Sep 8 05:16:37 EDT 2014

Hi Pete,

it is quite complex behaviour. It is documented here:

https://mojo.redhat.com/docs/DOC-967368

Long story short: they wanted to have a single URL, that allows to be used in a web browser and behave just like the normal link and when specific headers are added (application/xml or application/json) and user credentials, it serves as a communication protocol for an Eclipse plugin.

The design has one flaw - the last step is redirect (instead of a xml or json with information that everything is all right as I wanted), so if used in a hotel and the hotel proxy redirects you to a login page or some similar page, the Eclipse plugin thinks the page is the requested file for download and downloads it.

But maybe Rob has some way to prevent such error.

David Hladky