[jbosstools-dev] Download Manager URL for EAP 6.3

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Fri Sep 5 16:46:50 EDT 2014

On 5 Sep 2014, at 22:10, Pete Muir wrote:

> But FTR what behaviour are you expecting? What does adding /jdf (wtf
> is that about?) to the URL do?
>
> The URLs we use return some info in a query string to the browser,
> with the time bombed  URL in it (as well as details on when the T&C
> were signed it). You get extra info back in some other URL?
>
> It doesn’t seem like this is well designed :-(

that was put on by .org team/David.

We simply asked that the url we were given would download straight if
username/password provided was correct and not being served a html page
that only a browser + human would be able to use.

Why this does not work with the aliased location I do not know.
Technically it should all just be the same.
That was the intent of it all at least.

David - any idea why we are back to have urls that behave differently ?

/max