[jbosstools-dev] Question on data virtualization runtimes and where downloadRuntime support belongs

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Fri Apr 10 03:53:19 EDT 2015

To summarize (and cc Barry since he is the one doing teiid tooling)

> So the question is:  where should the code for recognizing local DV
> installs, downloading DV runtimes, etc, live?  ASTools, or Teiid?

I do not see any reason to why ASTools should handle download of Teiid.
Shouldn't Teiid just do this using
the api we provide like done for the others ?

I assume this is all in context of
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-19574  ?

With respect for runtime detection I guess that is a completely separate
story.

Is teiid a separate server like SOA-P/FSW or is Teiid something that is
installed into an existing EAP based server ?

Does teiid even need "special" recognition handling ?
how does teiid today figure out wether an EAP server needs to show Teiid
features in the server view ?