[jbosstools-dev] Question on data virtualization runtimes and where downloadRuntime support belongs

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Wed Apr 15 08:11:34 EDT 2015

On 15 Apr 2015, at 5:20, Ramesh Reddy wrote:

> The usecase you are going after is download the Teiid runtime based on
> the Designer? Or you want to download the Teiid runtime based on the
> EAP? If it is former, Designer has strong preferences as to which
> Teiid runtime it works with, but in a given major release it work more
> seamless. If it is later

> EAP 5.1 is used with Teiid 7.x
> EAP 6.1 Alpha, up to Teiid 8.8
> EAP 6.3 Alpha, Teiid 8.9, 8.10

eh - I thought you guys supported multiple runtimes by now ?

btw. this is not for matching teiid runtimes with designer - it is about
when JBoss Tools runtime detection or server wizard detects a server we
would like to know
if it is more than just the generic EAP server - we already check if it
is portal or SOA-P or FSW
and then name the server adaptor appropriately.

By adding Teeid support to we would get "JBoss Data Virtualisation 7.4"
instead of "JBoss EAP 5.1".

That is all - very simple actually ;)