[jbosstools-dev] Question on data virtualization runtimes and where downloadRuntime support belongs

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Wed Apr 15 09:10:36 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
> On 15 Apr 2015, at 5:20, Ramesh Reddy wrote:
>
> > The usecase you are going after is download the Teiid runtime based on
> > the Designer? Or you want to download the Teiid runtime based on the
> > EAP? If it is former, Designer has strong preferences as to which
> > Teiid runtime it works with, but in a given major release it work more
> > seamless. If it is later
>
> > EAP 5.1 is used with Teiid 7.x
> > EAP 6.1 Alpha, up to Teiid 8.8
> > EAP 6.3 Alpha, Teiid 8.9, 8.10
>
> eh - I thought you guys supported multiple runtimes by now ?

The issue there is we depend heavily on service, deployment and management APIs of the AS, not to mention all the common dependencies to other libraries. We have to change based on them thus we can not release a single Teiid runtime across all the EAP instances.

> btw. this is not for matching teiid runtimes with designer - it is about
> when JBoss Tools runtime detection or server wizard detects a server we
> would like to know
> if it is more than just the generic EAP server - we already check if it
> is portal or SOA-P or FSW
> and then name the server adaptor appropriately.
>
> By adding Teeid support to we would get "JBoss Data Virtualisation 7.4"
> instead of "JBoss EAP 5.1".

MANIFEST.MF is the discovery mechanism with SOA-P or FSW? As I said we can adopt to that mechanism if that is what we want.