[jbosstools-dev] Proposed changes to target platform 4.60.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT: Neon M4, new nodejs.feature, core.runtime.compatibility dependency problem

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Wed Dec 23 11:02:54 EST 2015

Here is a proposal for a change to the JBoss Tools and Red Hat JBoss
Developer Studio 4.60.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT target platforms (for JBT
4.4.0.Alpha1 / JBDS 10.0.0.Alpha1).

* https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-target-platforms/pull/187
* https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-discovery/pull/323

It consists of the following 2 changes:

* https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-20976

: update to Neon 201512181000,
: update to WTP 3.8M4,
: update to Birt 4.6.0.v201512160111,
: update to m2e-egit 0.14.0.201509090157,
: update to orbit R20151118145958

* https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-21171

: addition of org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.nodejs.feature 1.0.0.v201512020037
(from WTP 3.8M4 site)

p2diff reports are attached to the above JIRA. Significant changes are
shown for BIRT and the nodejs.feature.

---

There's one more change that I would like to make, but need the
upstream jbosstools-base project to adapt to the change first.
o.j.t.common.model.ui depends on a plugin that is no longer in Neon,
as of M3: org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility. Do we need  to
depend on this plugin?

* https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-21382

: remove org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility ?

---

Please review the above PR(s), as it will be applied tomorrow Dec 24,
unless people would like me to hold off until Dec 31 or later. (I'm on
PTO from Dec 25-30.)

You can use the following to build & test the
target-platform locally against your component(s).

Build target-platform:
$ cd /path/to/jbosstools-target-platforms/jbosstools/multiple
$ git fetch origin pull/187/head && git checkout FETCH_HEAD
$ mvn clean install

Then, to test the new "multiple" target platform against your component's build:
$ cd /path/to/your/jbosstools-component
$ mvn clean verify -Dtpc.version=4.60.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT
-Dtpc.targetKind=multiple