[jbosstools-dev] New OpenShift v3 feature

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Thu Feb 12 06:14:04 EST 2015

Hi,

As documented
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-devdoc/blob/master/building/how_to_add_a_plugin_or_feature_to_an_existing_project.md

I'm posting on behalf of Andre that we are need to add new openshift v3
feature to JBoss Tools and eventually devstudio.

This new feature (called: org.jboss.tools.openshift.feature) is what
will provide OpenShift v3 features.

The old v2 feature called  org.jboss.tools.openshift.express.feature
will continue to exist and be relevant to support v2.

One tricky matter is that openshift v3 is still actively moving thus for
now we are making the V3 and V2 install separately available features in
case v3 will end up not being fully supported/completed when we go
final.

Thus I suggest that for Alpha1:

Add org.jboss.tools.openshift.feature to JBoss Tools and its openshift
central connector.

*after* Alpha1 after some feedback and stability add it to devstudio.

Central Jira for this is at
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-19162

Thanks,