[jbosstools-dev] Suggested change for TP 4.50.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT: Mars M4

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Fri Jan 9 04:13:05 EST 2015

>>> is that your comment or some decision on Eclipse.org side ?
>> This is my comment.
> so i'm a bit puzzled...if apache.jasper is part of eclipse release
> train why do we even need to chase it on orbit ?
> why is this dependency in here in the first place ?
> if not part of release train there should be a reason..
Actually, it's not part of the Eclipse release train. Nothing on the
release train depends on it.
I don't know why it used to be in our target definition, and I imagine
that it might have been there for some reason in the past, and that it
has become useless.

Let's give a few days (until Friday) for developers to raise their hand
if they actually need it, if not, let's remove it; and in case something
is actually failing after that, we'll re-add jasper and its family, and
document on the target files why it needs to be here.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>