[jbosstools-dev] Suggested change for TP 4.50.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT: Mars M4

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Mon Jan 12 03:48:58 EST 2015

On 9 Jan 2015, at 10:13, Mickael Istria wrote:

> On 01/09/2015 09:58 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

>>> This is my comment.
>> so i'm a bit puzzled...if apache.jasper is part of eclipse release
>> train why do we even need to chase it on orbit ?
>> why is this dependency in here in the first place ?
>> if not part of release train there should be a reason..
> Actually, it's not part of the Eclipse release train. Nothing on the
> release train depends on it.
> I don't know why it used to be in our target definition, and I imagine
> that it might have been there for some reason in the past, and that it
> has become useless.
>
> Let's give a few days (until Friday) for developers to raise their
> hand if they actually need it, if not, let's remove it; and in case
> something is actually failing after that, we'll re-add jasper and its
> family, and document on the target files why it needs to be here.

I can see in git history it seem to have been in our TP ever since we
started doing TP's thus its probably been there just "forever" and part
of our initial "conversion" of our updatesite based "TP" to more managed
TP.

Thus yeah, I agree best way forward is to remove it and see what (if
anything) breaks in master.