[jbosstools-dev] Should we use @Ignore in non-runnable JUnit test classes, instead of <include> in pom?

Alexey Kazakov akazakov at exadel.com
Fri Jan 23 13:19:17 EST 2015

> But right now I think the only one I know that is pro-testsuites being
> the default is Rob S. who have just
> said he is fine switching to Tests being executed by default - he can
> just use the TestSuite pattern in his test projects if he insists :)

Most *Test.class tests (hundreds of them) in javaee and jst use a TestSetup.
So a lot of our tests are grouped in their own test setups to configure
a common environment.
They are not designed to be executed as standalone tests because some
their critical tierDown/setUp work is delegated to the corresponding
TestSetup.
If we move tierDown()/setUp() to the *Test.class level it will increase
the execution time dramatically.
Any idea how it could be fixed?

Another problem is that we have a lot of *Test.class'es which are used
as super classes for actual tests but they are not abstract.
Which is not a big deal since most of them don't have any test methods
and we also can make them abstract pretty easy.

So, migrating javaee/jst/common to the *Test.class pattern may be a huge
work.