[jbosstools-dev] FYI: parent pom variable jbosstools-site-stream has been renamed to jbosstools_stream in master branch

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Fri Mar 13 00:33:40 EDT 2015

You can't do shell expansion of variables with dashes in the name.

$ jbosstools-site-stream=4.3.mars
bash: jbosstools-site-stream=4.3.mars: command not found

$ set jbosstools-site-stream=4.3.mars
$ echo ${jbosstools-site-stream}
site-stream

$ export jbosstools-site-stream=4.3.mars
bash: export: `jbosstools-site-stream=4.3.mars': not a valid identifier

More:
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/23659/can-shell-variable-include-character

So... it doesn't work.

But if you prefer I can use jbosstools_site_stream instead of
jbosstools_stream. Either way the old one is set to the new one [1] so
that old jobs can keep using the deprecated one.

[1]
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-build/blob/master/parent/pom.xml#L75-L76