[jbosstools-dev] FYI: parent pom variable jbosstools-site-stream has been renamed to jbosstools_stream in master branch

Martin Malina mmalina at redhat.com
Fri Mar 13 04:58:19 EDT 2015

I created a PR to change this in jbosstools-integration-tests.
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-integration-tests/pull/887 <https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-integration-tests/pull/887>
So please keep us posted if it becomes something else eventually.

Thanks,
Martin

> On 13. 3. 2015, at 5:33, Nick Boldt <nboldt at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> You can't do shell expansion of variables with dashes in the name.
>
> $ jbosstools-site-stream=4.3.mars
> bash: jbosstools-site-stream=4.3.mars: command not found
>
> $ set jbosstools-site-stream=4.3.mars
> $ echo ${jbosstools-site-stream}
> site-stream
>
> $ export jbosstools-site-stream=4.3.mars
> bash: export: `jbosstools-site-stream=4.3.mars': not a valid identifier
>
> More:
> http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/23659/can-shell-variable-include-character
>
> So... it doesn't work.
>
> But if you prefer I can use jbosstools_site_stream instead of
> jbosstools_stream. Either way the old one is set to the new one [1] so
> that old jobs can keep using the deprecated one.
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-build/blob/master/parent/pom.xml#L75-L76
>

> On 03/12/2015 10:56 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>> I just tried and I don't see any problems using x-y-z in neither Jenkins or scripts.
>>
>> Can you elaborate more please ?
>>
>> /max
>> http://about.me/maxandersen
>>

>>> On 12 Mar 2015, at 14:20, Nick Boldt <nboldt at redhat.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> TL;DR:
>>>
>>> jbosstools-site-stream is now jbosstools_stream; if you use
>>> jbosstools-site-stream, please update your poms/jobs for JBT 4.3/JBDS 9.
>>>
>>> ---
>>>
>>> I've had to rename the parent pom Maven variable
>>> <jbosstools-site-stream> in order to reuse it in Jenkins job configs.
>>> This allows us to override it in Jenkins AND use the same value in shell
>>> scripts to define where content is published on the server, as per the
>>> new reorg going on for JBT 4.3 / JBDS 9 [1].
>>>
>>> The new variable is jbosstools_stream; I intentionally renamed it rather
>>> than just swapping dashes (not allowed in bash variables) for
>>> underscores (allowed) so it would be more obvious.
>>>
>>> [1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBDS-3208
>>>
>>> As far as I can tell, the only affected projects are:
>>>
>>> jbosstools-build [2]
>>> jbosstools-central [3]
>>> jbosstools-integration-tests [4]