[jbosstools-dev] Which modules depend on EGit/JGit?

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Mon Mar 23 05:15:23 EDT 2015

On 03/23/2015 09:58 AM, André Dietisheim wrote:
> In the OpenShift v2 tooling I am depending on a few internal classes
> to show a customized commit dialog when pushing to OpenShift. Even
> though not ideal there was not obvious better way to achieve that,
> given that EGit is poorly written and very much not with extensibility
> in mind (the plan was to provide a PR though). I thus pretty much
> expect OpenShift v2 to break. Could we please provide a smooth
> transition and give me some time to provide the required changes?
For the Easymport wizard, I asked to turn some classes and methods as
APIs, and Matthias has helped with that. I guess EGit can open APIs on
request, and for sure, providing Gerrit patches makes it faster. Note
that since they're moving to a 4.0, it's the right time to
request/propose API changes.
I got confirmation on the egit-dev mailing-list that Mars M6 will
include a milestone of EGit 4.0, that will be part of our TP when we
move to M6.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>