[jbosstools-dev] Which modules depend on EGit/JGit?

André Dietisheim adietish at redhat.com
Mon Mar 23 11:37:21 EDT 2015

On 03/23/2015 10:15 AM, Mickael Istria wrote:
> On 03/23/2015 09:58 AM, André Dietisheim wrote:
>> In the OpenShift v2 tooling I am depending on a few internal classes
>> to show a customized commit dialog when pushing to OpenShift. Even
>> though not ideal there was not obvious better way to achieve that,
>> given that EGit is poorly written and very much not with
>> extensibility in mind (the plan was to provide a PR though). I thus
>> pretty much expect OpenShift v2 to break. Could we please provide a
>> smooth transition and give me some time to provide the required changes?
> For the Easymport wizard, I asked to turn some classes and methods as
> APIs, and Matthias has helped with that.

yes I loosely followed this discussed. Beside that I guess that this is
not enough for my usage of the commit dialog. It was clearly not
implemented with extensibility in mind. I'll have to fill PRs for that
to fit my needs.

> I guess EGit can open APIs on request, and for sure, providing Gerrit
> patches makes it faster. Note that since they're moving to a 4.0, it's
> the right time to request/propose API changes.

Yes I think I'll have to do that. On the other hand not sure how much
time I'll have for that given that we need v3 tooling this june.

> I got confirmation on the egit-dev mailing-list that Mars M6 will
> include a milestone of EGit 4.0, that will be part of our TP when we
> move to M6.

Ok let me add latest EGit to my TP and check what changes break me in
all details.