[jbosstools-dev] FEEDBACK REQUESTED: Using maven-dependency-plugin to download upstream requirements into your build / removing redundant skip*Requirements variables from parent pom

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Wed Nov 25 15:03:33 EST 2015

If your project needs to download upstream libraries/runtimes/jars
using something like maven-dependency-plugin, and you have not set
<skip>false</skip> for those plugins' builds, eg.,
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-livereload/pull/54/ you
should do so.

This is because I'd like to remove some of the obsolete skip*
variables we have in the parent pom, and you don't want your builds to
fail when skipping tests, as livereload used to before
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-15330 was fixed.

Here are all the skip-related variables in our parent pom [1]:

<swtbot.test.skip>true</swtbot.test.skip>
<skipRequirements>${skipTests}</skipRequirements>
<skipPrivateRequirements>true</skipPrivateRequirements>
<skipTestsWithPrivateRequirements>${skipPrivateRequirements}</skipTestsWithPrivateRequirements>
and
skipTestsOrITests (which is true when skipTests or skipITests is true).

[1] https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-build/blob/master/parent/pom.xml

Which of those are no longer used, that can be safely removed? Are
skipTestsWithPrivateRequirements and skipRequirements used for the
same purposes as skipITests?

Thanks,