[jbosstools-dev] FEEDBACK REQUESTED: Using maven-dependency-plugin to download upstream requirements into your build / removing redundant skip*Requirements variables from parent pom

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Wed Nov 25 18:00:44 EST 2015

Only one I don't know about is swtbot.test.skip.

The others I don't see how to remove nor why since they all play a part.

This sounds more like should fix how the skip's works rather than remove
them.

The issue in JBIDE-15330 seem to because of the many time pointed out
bad assumption that skipTest
should mean you don't want dependencies to be downloaded.

Reported here https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-15332 in 2013.

The issue is <skipRequirements>${skipTests}</skipRequirements>
and then skipRequirements are used to disable all basic dependency
fetching
which is simply a wrong/bad assumption.

/max