[jbosstools-dev] FEEDBACK REQUESTED: Using maven-dependency-plugin to download upstream requirements into your build / removing redundant skip*Requirements variables from parent pom

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Thu Nov 26 07:40:32 EST 2015

on this note - I just spent half the day figuring out why
jbosstools-openshift
was not building when I did "mvn clean install -DskipTests=true".

Turns out I'm hit with this exact issue - that skipTest is for reason I
never understood
is used to turn off download for testing dependencies by turning of
download of *all* dependencies.

We need to stop adding workaround for this into our projects and instead
have those *few* projects
that have large dependencies to use another mechanism to turn of
download.

/max