[jbosstools-dev] Testing JBT installation on Mars.0

Alexey Kazakov alkazako at redhat.com
Fri Sep 18 07:48:18 EDT 2015

> On 18 Sep 2015, at 9:31, Mickael Istria wrote:
>
>> On 09/18/2015 08:56 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>>> The jetty stuff afaik is in best case not *dependent* by SR.1, but
>>> affected by it - but I wouldn't bet on it "just working".
>> I would bet that the Jetty part failed because of using Jetty 9.2.10
>> and 9.2.13 and facing the ClassNotFoundException on SpinLock detected
>> in 4.3.0.CR1
> SR0 included jetty 9.2.9, but we used 9.2.10 so my guess is that using
> 9.2.13 will continue to work on SR0 too as long as we have the version
> range limited.

Yes, this is what we guessed when decided to restrict our jetty
dependency to 9.2.13.

>>> We might have other being dependent on SR1 though, would be good to
>>> hear
>>> what those are.
>> Several fixes depend on SR1. However, I don't know whether the version
>> range are strictly set to "install" the necessary SR1 part while
>> installing JBoss Tools.
> Which fixes are that ? those are important to have identified.

Agree, it's important to know. I'm not aware of any besides jetty for
livereload/browsersim/cordovasim.

>>> btw. the last years we built against SR0 but tested against latest
>>> SR.
>>> Did we stop that ?
>>>
>> Seems like yes, we stopped that. I can't find any reason except that
>> we've forgotten to keep it in place, as the jetty issues somehow
>> forced us to be more careful with SR1 than with SR0.
> so I suggest we bring that back if we can't find anything that
> *actually* requires SR1.
But this time we can't build against a pure SR0 because of jetty.
So we need to build against SR0 + jetty 9.2.13 and we will see if it fails.

Thanks.