[jbosstools-dev] Testing JBT installation on Mars.0

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Fri Sep 18 03:42:31 EDT 2015

On 18 Sep 2015, at 9:31, Mickael Istria wrote:

> On 09/18/2015 08:56 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>> The jetty stuff afaik is in best case not *dependent* by SR.1, but
>> affected by it - but I wouldn't bet on it "just working".
> I would bet that the Jetty part failed because of using Jetty 9.2.10
> and 9.2.13 and facing the ClassNotFoundException on SpinLock detected
> in 4.3.0.CR1

SR0 included jetty 9.2.9, but we used 9.2.10 so my guess is that using
9.2.13 will continue to work on SR0 too as long as we have the version
range limited.

>> We might have other being dependent on SR1 though, would be good to
>> hear
>> what those are.
> Several fixes depend on SR1. However, I don't know whether the version
> range are strictly set to "install" the necessary SR1 part while
> installing JBoss Tools.

Which fixes are that ? those are important to have identified.

Last years we linked such issues to the jira referring the update to
Mars SR1 to know this before hand.

>> btw. the last years we built against SR0 but tested against latest
>> SR.
>> Did we stop that ?
>>
> Seems like yes, we stopped that. I can't find any reason except that
> we've forgotten to keep it in place, as the jetty issues somehow
> forced us to be more careful with SR1 than with SR0.

so I suggest we bring that back if we can't find anything that
*actually* requires SR1.