[jbosstools-dev] Any way to make FreeMarker IDE fixes avilable with less delay?

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Mon Apr 11 05:26:11 EDT 2016

On 8 Apr 2016, at 8:34, Daniel Dekany wrote:

> Thank you very much! To be perfectly clear, I didn't come here to
> complain and force JBoss employees to do this. I'm asking if there's a
> way to change the overall process somehow. Perhaps not, but, who
> knows...

There is - we have an updatesite for freemarker site that builds every
night, so you can releases/fixes from it more or less immediately.

To get more content in, we need more content in PR's to the repos and if
someone
wants to step up to review and test PR's let us know.

As you notice if we come aware of something going stale we do react - to
avoid it going
stale repeatedly we need someone to have time and skills to push
content.

If it was something else you had in mind let me know. In any case, we
are pretty open
on what happens with freemarker tooling as long as it keeps (within
reason) being compatible with
multiple freemarker versions so it can be used in real projects that end
up having wide
range of freemarker content.

/max