[jbosstools-dev] Upcoming change in test lookups during Maven builds

Fred Bricon fbricon at redhat.com
Wed Jun 22 12:38:50 EDT 2016

Team,

we're about to modify the default pattern that determines which tests are
running in tycho builds [1]. It currently searches for these patterns:

<includes>
<include>**/AllTests.class</include>
<include>**/*AllTests*.class</include>
<include>**/*AllBotTests*.class</include>
<include>**/*TestSuite*.class</include>
 </includes>

Instead, we'll move back to using surefire's default patterns
(**/Test*.java, **/*Test.java, **/*TestCase.java)

The main driver for this change is we currently have tests not referenced
in test suites, that are not run during CLI builds [2], which is bad.

So, to all component leaders, please verify, once this changes is applied,
whether:

- new tests are run and fail the build, in which case you need to fix them
- tests are gone missing from the CI build, in which case, their classes
need to be renamed following surefire's syntax.

If you find regressions requiring significant changes in your component,
you can apply the original pattern to the tycho-surefire-plugin configuration
of your component pom.xml

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-19081
[2] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-22449

Fred