[jbosstools-dev] m2e and new execution plugins?

Brian Fitzpatrick bfitzpat at redhat.com
Thu May 5 10:49:21 EDT 2016

Hey guys,

We've hit some maven plug-ins that aren't supported yet by m2e that we use
in the Fuse world... if I was to log a feature request for some of these,
should I put it in Eclipse? or in JBIDE?

Or a better question, what is the policy for additions to m2e? How do we
petition to have plug-ins added or contribute back? These may not be
broadly applicable to other projects, so less apt to be pushed upstream.

Thanks in advance.

--Fitz

p.s. For a bit more detail about what we're looking for...

Importing the camel-cxf example (
https://github.com/jboss-fuse/quickstarts/tree/master/cxf/rest) we hit
three issues.

We have an org.apache.cxf plug-ins that isn't supported yet...

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
        <artifactId>cxf-java2wadl-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>3.0.4.redhat-621084</version>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>parsejavadoc</id>
            <phase>generate-sources</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>parsejavadoc</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
          <execution>
            <id>process-classes</id>
            <phase>process-classes</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>java2wadl</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <classResourceNames>

<classResourceName>io.fabric8.quickstarts.rest.CustomerService</classResourceName>
              </classResourceNames>

<docProvider>org.apache.cxf.maven_plugin.javatowadl.ResourceMapJavaDocProvider</docProvider>
              <attachWadl>false</attachWadl>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

And a fabric8 plug-in that isn't supported yet.

      <plugin>
        <groupId>io.fabric8</groupId>
        <artifactId>fabric-cxf-plugins</artifactId>
        <version>1.2.0.redhat-621084</version>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>process-classes</id>
            <phase>process-classes</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>java2swagger</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <classResourceNames>

<classResourceName>io.fabric8.quickstarts.rest.CustomerService</classResourceName>
              </classResourceNames>
              <attachSwagger>false</attachSwagger>
            </configuration>
          </execution>