[jbosstools-dev] ACTION REQUIRED :: Call for Target Platform updates for final sprint to 4.4.2.Final & 10.2.0.GA

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Wed Nov 9 12:56:26 EST 2016

As we're now into the final sprint for 10.2.0.GA / 4.4.2.Final, it's
time to collect the requirements that need to change in the target
platforms.

Currently, I'm aware of only two changes that are planned:

* m1e 1.7.1 & m2e-wtp - https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-23437
and JBDS-4154
* reddeer 1.2.0.Final - https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-23420
* lucene 5.4.1 & 3.5.0 - https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBDS-4133
* thym 2.1 - https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBDS-4150

And here's one addition that's been proposed but not yet +1'd:

* egit flow plugin - https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBDS-4172

--

Some things we COULD update, if NEEDED, include:

* Docker Tooling (to move to Neon.2.RC1/2 version) ? Any fixes since
Neon.1 for Windows blocker issues?
* webtools / jsdt ?
* other ?

If you have anything you'd like changed or added to the target
platform, please add a linked JIRA to
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-22581 with details about:

a) the project & version,
b) the URL from which to mirror it, and, most importantly
c) WHY this change/addition is needed.

Note that at this point, changing the TP will also have an impact on
the RH Software Collection (RHSCL) on which the devstudio RPM depends.
So if you need something changed, speak up as soon as possible.
Devstudio TP freeze is Nov 23 - two weeks from today - so there's not
a lot of time to do the work, and more importantly, verify it (dev +
QE).

Thanks!