[jbosstools-dev] Versions bump policy change

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Tue Feb 28 13:44:30 EST 2017

As in this example [1], we'll move to x.(y+1).0 in master, and can move to
x.y.(z+1) in 4.4.x if required:

[1] https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-livereload/pull/137

Max, we can still use the convention of moving from x.y.z to x.y.100 in
master (while 4.4.x reserves the right to move to x.y.(z+1) if required),
for projects which aren't in need of a MINOR update, but only SERVICE
changes. For example, a project that's not evolving like Portlet did this a
couple years ago:

https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-portlet/commit/a4cad711480623bfa2652d46c98a3f57099671f6

Nick