[jbosstools-dev] Versions bump policy change

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Tue Feb 28 15:42:28 EST 2017

On 02/28/2017 07:24 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> sounds awesome if you guys found a way to deal with having to manually
> eep these from not overlapping
> and avoid rerelasing different bits with the same version number.
This was:
* https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13671
* https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-19056
* https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-22689

> Will this mean that builds and release now only update the actual
> changed plugins ?
> and download diff will be smaller too ?
At least, the build infrastructure makes it possible and safe to update
plugins only when necessary, with the benefit mentioned above (among others)

> btw. how come stopping to do the 3.3.0, 3.3.100 etc. as is standard in
> p2/eclipse ?
This versioning pattern is only useful if JBoss Tools properly manages
API versions and relies on API tools for guidance and checks. Last time
I heard about it, it was far from being the case.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for Red Hat Developers <http://developers.redhat.com>