[jbosstools-dev] Include sources in JBDS target platform

Lukas Valach lvalach at redhat.com
Fri Jun 9 03:12:29 EDT 2017

Hi,

we are maintaining target platforms for JBT [1] and for JBDS [2]
separatelly. The only difference is that TP for JBT includes sources but TP
for JBDS doesn't. Consequently, JBT users can install plugins including
sources but JBDS users can't. In my opinion both should have sources.

[1]
http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/targetplatforms/jbosstoolstarget/4.70.0.AM1-SNAPSHOT/REPO/plugins/
[2]
https://devstudio.redhat.com/targetplatforms/jbdevstudiotarget/4.70.0.AM1-SNAPSHOT/REPO/plugins/

If we decide to add sources to JBDS TP, we'd be able to drop one of the TPs
entirely and just build one for both JBT and JBDS, saving time and disk.

Is there any reason why sources are not included in JBDS target platform?
If not, do we need to maintain target platforms separately?

If you have an opinion, please comment a jira [3].

[3] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBDS-4440