[jbosstools-dev] FreeMarker plugin deprecation

Daniel Dekany ddekany at freemail.hu
Sat Mar 3 03:05:28 EST 2018

I have noticed months ago that the FreeMarker plugin was deprecated.
As a current maintainer of FreeMarker, I would like to know what will
it practically mean in the future, such as, will PR-s be still
integrated, will the artifacts be still hosted, and for how long? What
steps should we (at FreeMarker) take to ensure that the plugin remains
available for users (if any)?

Also, can someone answer this user question about the deprecation (as
I'm not entirely sure about the answer either)?:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49072160/why-is-freemarker-ide-in-eclipse-oxygen-jboss-tools-4-5-2-final-deprecated

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany