[jbosstools-dev] FreeMarker plugin deprecation

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 16:46:59 EST 2018

Great question. See reply in https://stackoverflow.com/
questions/49072160/why-is-freemarker-ide-in-eclipse-
oxygen-jboss-tools-4-5-2-final-deprecated/49119784#49119784

Turns out we JUST removed Freemarker tooling from the forthcoming JBoss
Tools 4.5.3.AM2 build (to be released tomorrow), after deprecating it in
July 2017.

So, it could come back if you're willing to take ownership of the tooling
builds & publication. Do you have any stats to demonstrate the size of its
user base?

Nick

On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 3:05 AM, Daniel Dekany <ddekany at freemail.hu> wrote:

> I have noticed months ago that the FreeMarker plugin was deprecated.
> As a current maintainer of FreeMarker, I would like to know what will
> it practically mean in the future, such as, will PR-s be still
> integrated, will the artifacts be still hosted, and for how long? What
> steps should we (at FreeMarker) take to ensure that the plugin remains
> available for users (if any)?
>
> Also, can someone answer this user question about the deprecation (as
> I'm not entirely sure about the answer either)?:
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49072160/why-is-
> freemarker-ide-in-eclipse-oxygen-jboss-tools-4-5-2-final-deprecated
>
> --
> Thanks,
>  Daniel Dekany

Nick Boldt

Senior Software Engineer, RHCSA

IM: @nickboldt / @nboldt / http://nick.divbyzero.com
<https://red.ht/sig>
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>
@ @redhatnews <https://twitter.com/redhatnews>      Red Hat
<https://www.facebook.com/RedHatInc>
<https://www.facebook.com/RedHatInc>

“The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change” - Heraclitus