[jbosstools-dev] FreeMarker plugin deprecation

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Wed Mar 7 08:39:39 EST 2018

Daniel,

I don't believe there should be any legal challenges for you to take open
source, EPL'd code from github [1] and after host it at the Apache
Foundation under a new namespace. Pretty sure that's how Open works, and
how we've contributed numerous times to projects at the Eclipse Foundation.
:) But just to be sure, I've cc:'d our legal eagle so he can let me know if
my assumptions here are correct.

Richard,

Do you see any reason why we can't let Apache maintain the Freemarker
eclipse plugins/features - which we deprecated and removed [2] from JBoss
Tools and Devstudio - from this point forward?

[1] https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-freemarker
[2] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-25736

Daniel,

Once you've had your discussions about whether ASF wants to accept this
contribution, let me know and please forward me whatever paperwork you need
filled out to support the transfer. Please also use reply-all when replying
so everyone in this thread is copied.

Thanks,

--

Nick Boldt

Senior Software Engineer, RHCSA

IM: @nickboldt / @nboldt / http://nick.divbyzero.com
<https://red.ht/sig>
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>
@ @redhatnews <https://twitter.com/redhatnews>      Red Hat
<https://www.facebook.com/RedHatInc>
<https://www.facebook.com/RedHatInc>

“The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change” - Heraclitus