[jbpm-dev] [Fwd: Re: Project roles and responsibilities]

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Tue Jul 15 04:40:17 EDT 2008

Folks,

I laid out the Mission of the API effort in
http://jbpm.dyndns.org/jbpmwiki/index.php?title=APIMission

The terminology that we can use to discuss the abstract API constructs
is nicely defined by the BPMN standard. Here I put together a glossary
of terms http://jbpm.dyndns.org/jbpmwiki/index.php?title=BPMNGlossary

Much research has been done in BPM patterns that users of a BPM engine
expect. These patterns I put together here
http://jbpm.dyndns.org/jbpmwiki/index.php?title=BPMPatterns

Of status of current support for these patters through the API is
documented here
http://jbpm.dyndns.org/jbpmwiki/index.php?title=JBPM3SupportedPatterns

All this work really servers just a single purpose, which is to

* clearly define what our mission is
* lay out the path to follow in order to achieve that mission
* have time bound milestones along the path (i.e. the release cycle)

I hope that clarifies the BPM product direction and is an adequate basis
from which individual tasks can be derived.

cheers
-thomas