[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Defining the API Mission

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 16 02:38:24 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote : The situation with jbpm-3.2.3.GA and below is that there is no stable public API defined for it. As a result, application code depends on implementation detail that might change without prior notice between releases.

  | To fix this we are going to define a BPM API which is going to be the standard of how you work with BPM in JBoss.

i don't see this as a problem that needs to be fixed.

all the architectural set up is required and will be kept.  there are only 2 things missing and that need to be added in another iteration:

1) is a session facade that sits in front of the object model.   it will be based on commands and we should be able to cover 95% of the API use cases with that.

2) the domain model itself needs to get interfaces so that implementation methods don't have to be exposed.  currently this is done in the pvm (still completing the test suite update of that refactoring).  i have established 3 separate interface views on the domain model: the external client api, the activity implementation api and the event listener api.  These 3 views are mainly realized by 3 different types of executions that are used, exposing only the appropriate methods.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4164653#4164653

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4164653