[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: API first cut available for jBPM3

estaub do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 18 10:57:26 EST 2008

"thomas.diesler at jboss.com" wrote : anonymous wrote :
  |   | Otoh, it makes it kind of clear that it is *not* a definition.
  |   |

  | The distinction to ProcessDefinition is still there.

FWIW (bikeshed) - in my experience with business-analysts and other non-Java-heads, people informally use the term "Process" to refer to a Definition more often than they use it to refer to an Instance.  When we talk about, say, "designing a business process", we're clearly talking about a definition, not an instance.  This is an odd case where English has a word for the definition, but not for instances of that definition.  So "Process" doesn't obviously mean "Process Instance".

-Ed Staub

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4190181#4190181

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4190181