[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: meeting context

tom.baeyens@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 9 04:36:31 EDT 2008

"heiko.braun at jboss.com" wrote : The API will have core elements and terminology. Each core elements has associated semantics which lead to implementation detail. We want the API to be correct, easy to use and easy to learn.

  | The process of finding these core elements (or core concepts) and establishing names for them is important to get one step closer to 'correctness'.

I agree with easy to use and easy to learn.

But I also think that correctness is always in the eye of the beholder.  Meaning that everyone that is involved with some process engine has a certain background and sees certain use cases it.  That background and target use cases determine what is considered as correct.  I don't think we'll be able to find BPM concepts that are considered worldwide and generally correct.

So we need to make our background as explicit as we can.  We need to define our targets and use cases as clear as we can.  If we agree on those, then our conclusions and the BPM concepts we consider good should be close enough to have fruitful discussions in the meeting.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4181171#4181171

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4181171