[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Pass process instance key to sub process

mimra do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 25 07:00:12 EDT 2008

Hi

I would like to be able to pass the key of a (parent) process instance to a child process instance created using:

  |  <process-state name="start-child-process">
  |     <sub-process name="child-process" binding="late"/>
  |   </process-state>

I have searched the docs and the net and asked a forum question:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=142969

It seems to me there is no easy way (if any) of doing this, so I might add this. I would like some input on my thought.

I am thinking about adding a attribute to the sub-process tag to specify if the child process should be given the parent key. Something like:

  |  <process-state name="start-child-process">
  |     <sub-process name="child-process" inheritParentKey="true" binding="late"/>
  |   </process-state>

Then I would make the change in the org.jbpm.graph.node.ProcessState.

Any comments on this?

/Michael

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4178762#4178762

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4178762