[jbpm-dev] [Design of JBoss jBPM] - Re: Pass process instance key to sub process

camunda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 25 07:30:32 EDT 2008

Good point! I think the functionality is quite a good idea...

Maybe we should do it somehow similar to the variables given to a sub-process? But makes things more complex, so maybe not...

(Would be somehow like this:

  | <process-state name="start-child-process">
  |   <sub-process name="child-process" binding="late"/>
  |   <variable access="read,write" name="variable1" mapped-name="dsadsad" />
  |   <key access="read,write"/>
  | </process-state>

)

And what crossed my mind, should we consider other use cases like "I want to pass the key to the sub-process, but not as key, but as variable x"? My feeling says, better not, just keep it simple...

But currently I don't have a concrete use case, so these are just thoughts....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4178766#4178766

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4178766